ARCADIA AND LOGISTICS
The Arcadia Group is the UK’s largest privately owned clothing retailer with 34,000 employees and more than 3,000 outlets (within the UK and internationally). With seven of the high street’s best-known fashion brands: Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Topman, Topshop and Wallis along with the shopping concept Outfit, Arcadia reaches a wide customer base.
The Logistics team plays a pivotal role in the success of the Group, supporting internet fulfilment, managing the delivery of a huge volume of Arcadia products from worldwide suppliers to distribution centres and stores, whilst simultaneously co-ordinating the exportation of garments, accessories and footwear to our International stores.
Reporting to the International Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the operational management of Direct Imports from worldwide Origins. The candidate will need to demonstrate strong commercial and communication skills.
Arcadia has a 'go-global' agenda and is re-engineering its supply chain from source to store. Consequently, we need to develop our procedures with our Freight Forwarders and compliance arrangements with regulatory bodies to ensure our imports are supported as the international business expands with the resultant additional working requirements
- Maintenance and up-keep of information on freight rates and forwarding agents held on departmental database.
- Communication of updated rates to the Accounting Centre to enable authorisation for payment of freight and landside invoices for direct imports.
- Checking foreign pack discrepancies for B&M.
B&M Support for Arcadia
- Dealing with queries from Buying and Merchandising teams regarding shipping costs to provide the most accurate estimate.
- Answering queries on timings of stock coming into the UK on a direct import basis from all origins together with queries on methods of shipment applicable.
- Calculating and maintaining freight costing sheets for B&M to enable them to work out their own estimated costs.
- Providing training and support for B&M to enable them to use the costing sheets correctly.
Management of Insurance Claims & Violations
- Dealing with the Insurance company to lodge and monitor progress of claims through to settlement.
- Liaising with finance and the buying teams where internal adjustments are required.
- Liaising with DC's and processors over delivery issues & following up with nominated freight forwarders.
Freight Forwarder Support
- Dealing with queries from Freight Forwarders both internationally and in the UK regarding the shipment of imported goods.
- Analysing and approving freight costs on specific orders, ensuring B&M are involved where necessary.
- Dealing with queries from Suppliers regarding freight forwarders and origin procedures.
- Liaising with Brand Logistics to provide support and manage queries that require escalation with regard to the nominated freight forwarders.
Extranet Knowledge and Support
- Managing daily flow of information through the Arcadia Extranet sea freight tracking system from Freight Forwarders.
- Checking the accuracy of information received and resolving queries in a timely way by communicating with B&M and Freight Forwarders in order to prevent delays to stock being delivered to the Distribution Centres.
- Knowledge of Permission to Ship systems and procedures both on the Extranet and ISCM to provide support for B&M and Suppliers when required.
- Checking weekly KPIs provided by freight forwarders.
- Checking forwarders daily/weekly reports and writing activities.
- Checking weekly airfreight details.
- Involvement with ad-hoc projects as required.
USA and European store deliveries
- Dealing with queries from Brand Logistics regarding stock availability and deliveries. Providing support regarding the flow of goods through the DC.
- Liaising with US DCs and Clearing Agent on any stock issues.
- Working closely with Systems to ensure timely and correct receipt of goods.
- Provide European and USA delivery schedules to accommodate Bank holidays etc.
- Imports and Logistics experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Computer Literate
- Keyboard skills ,medium to advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and Lotus Notes packages
- Familiarity with Internet/Extranet technology
- Able to develop a network of relationships within the business.