PURPOSE OF ROLE:
An opportunity has arisen within Dorothy Perkins for a B&M Finance Manager, reporting to the Senior Finance Manager and managing one Analyst. This role is the key Finance support for the Merchandising Directors, responsible for all Reporting and Forecasting, and ad hoc analysis to influence business and trading decisions.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Merchandising Directors and brand B&M teams in delivering the Dorothy Perkins product strategy. This will involve regular evaluation and reporting, but also consistently looking forward, identifying and communicating opportunities and risks and challenge where necessary.
- Responsible for producing weekly reporting that is timely, accurate and fit for purpose, with a focus on sales and margin performance by department.
- Manage the monthly accounts and forecasting process from Sales to Margin, modelling various scenarios and gaining buy in from key stakeholders (Merch Director, Heads of Merch, FD etc) on the view.
- Oversee the production of all regular merchandise reports, including WSSI and Margin Rolls, Supplier and Country of Origin Rolls; challenging the teams where appropriate and supporting the Finance Analyst in understanding and presenting these to the Head of Finance / FD
- Co-ordinate regular updates from the Head of Treasury on changing economic conditions impacting buying negotiations. Understand and educate the brand B&M teams on the impact of currency decisions on the overall brand profit (Intake margin % vs hedging risk)
- Continually monitoring and reviewing stock management including intake, despatch & terminal position; highlighting any areas of concern to the Merchandising directors
- Act as the point of contact for the merchandise team and the Group Finance function, ensuring all information requested is provided in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage the corporate plan financials from sales to margin, for Dorothy Perkins as a whole and at department level
- Production and analysis of ad-hoc reports, in order to analyse new initiatives and highlight commercial opportunities
- Management and development of a finance analyst. Working collaboratively with the wider Finance team to drive continuous improvement of working practices.
- Deputise for the Senior Finance Manager when required
- A motivated self-starter who is able to use their initiative and take ownership of tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships and confidence to influence at all levels, challenging where required
- Ability to balance different tasks/priorities and work to deadlines in a demanding environment, managing change wherever necessary
- An enthusiastic team player who can lead by example and manage an analyst to achieve optimum performance through coaching and development
- Demonstrates commercial awareness