Who We Are
Fashion isn’t just what we know, it’s what we love. With signature prints, seasonal must haves, wardrobe essentials and pieces for every occasion, our collections are exciting, feminine, versatile and affordable. Dorothy Perkins is for every woman: our clothes come in sizes 6 to 28 with dedicated Tall, Petite, Plus Size and Maternity collections, all with a focus on a feminine, flattering fit. With an extensive selection of shoes, boots, bags and accessories, you can find the perfect finishing touches at DP. Plus, with weekly in-store updates and daily online drops, there’s always something new to discover.
We already know a thing or two about making our customer feel great but that doesn’t stop us constantly looking for new ways to drive the business forwards. Dorothy Perkins is full of passionate people who like to work hard and love what they do and we are always on the lookout for talented people who want to make a difference.
As well as our Retail and Digital channels, our International presence continues to grow with our Wholesale and Franchise partnerships - If you want to be part of our dynamic, global business.
The purpose of the role is to be an integral part of the Dorothy Perkins Management team, responsible for the non-clothing creative product direction of the brand, overseeing the delivery of the range in partnership with the brand product teams.
The design manager will work within the Management Team contributing to the brand strategy and developing ways to build the brand, strengthen market position and increase profit.
Day To Day
- Works as an integral part of the Dorothy Perkins Senior team, operates as a strategic business manager, overseeing the design team and their processes, demonstrating best practice
- Builds effective relationships and Influences effectively at all levels to inspire and debate key issues in order to get the best commercial results
- Demonstrates full ownership and responsibility for the output of the Design team at all times
Maximises Design Performance
- Acts as the driving force behind the creative product direction of the brand
- Provides strong and consistent product direction, owning the process of balancing the range to include development of seasonal key looks, fashion items and essential pieces appropriate for the Dorothy Perkins customer
- Works closely with Buying Director, Creative Director & B&M HOFs to generate and communicate key product direction and brand ‘handwriting’
- Continuously critiques and develops new ideas to move the brand forward to stay ahead of the competition
Develops A High Performing Team
- Motivate and develop the in-house design team; will have a good track record of leading and working within a high performing design and buying team
- With Management Team, defines and communicates a clear vision of the future and translates this into understandable goals and targets
- Able to drive and influence effective communication between Design and all other brand functions to ensure key messages are communicated across the business
- Co-ordinates events e.g. Press days, either organising or acting as the link between the relevant teams
- Builds and maintains a strong, varied network of contacts and communicates with all to achieve win-win situations
- Excellent creative flair with the ability to drive the creative vision of the brand and predict forthcoming moods, trends, themes
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop the full potential from projects and to take advantage of new developments
- Combines a creative, innovative approach with commercial ideas
- Self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision and guidance
- Strong team player and people manager - able to gain trust, respect and confidence quickly and effectively
- The proven ability to negotiate and drive performance of external as well as internal teams
The Exciting Part
- Early finish Fridays during Summer!
- 25% discount across all our fab 8 brands to shop until you drop
- Stunning London offices with a restaurant, bar and beauty salon to always look and feel your best
- Regular sample sales to refresh your wardrobe at fractional pricesFun, inspiring and ambitious colleagues pushing the boundaries across the whole business
- Regular competitions to win amazing prizes
- Events to support our diverse range of charities
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.