Job Title: Payroll Administrator – 6 month FTC
WHO ARE WE
With 2765 global outlets, over 19,000 employees and an estimated £2bn turnover, there is no doubting the fact that Arcadia Group Ltd is an established retail powerhouse. Made up of seven of the UK high street’s best loved fashion brands – Burton Menswear, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Topshop, Topman, Wallis and out of town shopping concept, Outfit. In 2002 Arcadia Group became part of Taveta Investments, since then we’ve expanded our digital business rapidly and seen huge international growth - now operating with over 600 outlets across 40+ markets.
Operating at the heart of our business, Shared Services offer efficiencies to all of our Brands by providing centralised resources and competitive synergies for the Group. The Shared Services Teams work across all Brands and are responsible for a huge range of activities from delivering product to over 40 countries worldwide, to achieving award winning store designs and handling 100,000 Customer Care calls each year. Within Shared Services there are over 1,000 employees working across 16 distinctive departments including International, IT, Finance, HR, Logistics, PR, Property, Digital and Sourcing.
The payroll department is currently responsible for the accurate and timely payment of all group employees on monthly basis covering 20,000 employees 7 across separate payrolls.
The payroll team is responsible for providing an efficient and effective payroll service across the Group ensuring that any problems that arise are resolved in a timely manner. This requires a high level of accuracy, as well as a strong ability to communicate, build & maintain relationships with all areas across the group.
DAY TO DAY
- Understanding of month end routines
- Understanding of UK, Irish and Offshore Payroll legislation
- Respond to queries by retrieving information, and resolving where possible
- Understand and apply key controls and work to department deadlines
- Maintain good working relationships across all areas of the business
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide a level of understanding to all customers that provides them with a clear and concise answer to any query
- Ability to assess where necessary the need to escalate issues to Team Leader/Manager to ensure a satisfactory outcome to all
- Understanding of related payments and deductions
- Basic understanding of payroll policies, procedures, compliance and legislation
- Demonstrable prior experience of dealing with payroll queries
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your own work load
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Analytical with high attention to detail
- Computer /PC Skills and computer literate in Word and Excel
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to build strong relationships at all levels
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Honesty and respect for confidential information
THE EXCITING PART
- 25% discount across all our 8 brands so you can shop until you drop
- Regular sample sales to refresh your wardrobe at fractional prices
- Fun, inspiring and ambitious colleagues pushing the boundaries
- Regular competitions to win amazing prizes
- Charity days and events supporting wonderful and diverse charities
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted