A Bit About
Evans is a leading fashion brand that celebrates curves. We’ve got over 150 stores worldwide, and have a successful shopping business at www.evans.co.uk. Our people are fashionable, commercial, and up to date with the latest trends. They’re also confident, inspirational and passionate individuals who take a real pride in being extremely customer focused and possessing a positive attitude. The key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a fantastic opportunity for the right person!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Assistant Merchandiser to join one of our brands, Dorothy Perkins. This is a fast paced and competitive role and we are looking for applications from existing Assistant Merchandisers.
Your main responsibilities in an Assistant Merchandising role will be assisting the Merchandiser in the Commercial Operation of your department by delivering a product offer that exceeds customer expectations and achieves sales and profit targets through effective supply chain management.
What You Will Be Doing Day to Day
- Support the Merchandiser on the day to day running of the department
- Contribute to establishing & delivering the strategy for the dept. through detailed analysis, identifying patterns and making commercial recommendations
- Under the guidance of the Merchandiser, set up and review IF cards and re-forecast and re-phase intake accordingly in line with company stock targets
- Supporting the merchandiser and buyer for product sign offs to directors with thorough and detailed analysis
- Monitor department sales, both at line and store performance, to identify & recommend profit opportunities and to minimise markdown
- Manage both a landed and FOB supply base for stock delivery, the distribution and the supply chain of the product to maximise profit
- Manage and oversee the development the Merchandise Administration Assistant
- Liaise with Buying, Logistics, Branch merchandising, Ecommerce and Distribution Functions to drive your dept
- Undertake store visits and competitor shops & how this impacts your dept
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the confidence to deal with people at all levels.
- Commercial awareness.
- Proven demonstration of analytical skills.
- A good knowledge of Merchandising systems.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A strong eye for detail.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Advanced Excel Skills.
The Exciting Part
- Excellent communication skills and influencing skills
- Ability to take accountability and deputise in the Merchandisers absence
- Commercial aptitude and systems knowledge
- Coaching skills to develop others i.e. the MAA
- A proactive approach to work and the initiative to resolve issues that may arise
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Strong team working skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast paced environment
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.