An ideal first role into Logistics, a great opportunity for a recent graduate.
To provide effective administration support for the Logistics team. This role covers both retail and product flow sides of Logistics and provides an interesting opportunity to learn about this key function. The successful candidate will work closely with TopshopTopman head office functions, especially the buying and merchandising teams.
Understand the Logistics function
- Work with the Logistics Analysts on the dept to support and understand their areas.
- Develop an understanding of the processes involved in the function and how Buying & Merchandising interacts with our dept.
- Ensure DC is able to work with the intake booked in – out of tolerances, packing list queries and missing carton queries are resolved to maximise GRN.
- Communicating necessary changes to team/supplier.
- Controlling intake and liaising with relevant functions to ensure deliveries match orders.
- Allocating HO samples for various press/ marketing events and fit days.
- Ensure any internal cross charges are completed and stock files are accurate.
- Specials / Ghost GRNs for flagship stores and Model store.
Communication with Concessions and launch departments
- Ensure digital concessions deliveries are available when required.
- Liaise with Launch departments to understand their priorities and requirements.
Develop best practice for systems use
- Good working knowledge of AS400 and Excel in order to collate and relay relevant delivery & performance information.
- Understanding of AS400 system, and the responsibility of Suppliers/ fwders and the DC in what they must maintain.
- Dealing effectively with arising issues to ensure maximum GRN for stock flow to stores.
- Understand supplier delivery standards and help B&M advise the Suppliers.
- Communicating with suppliers and Merchandising/Distribution teams regarding deliveries.
- Highlight any ongoing delivery issues to relevant Manager. Discuss possible solutions and work with internal depts. to resolve and reduce.
- Support the team with reports and analysis to enable them to provide information and analysis to Depts. / the DC or Suppliers.
- Liaising with other Brands, departments and functions to resolve queries and circulate information as appropriate.
- Degree – desirable, but not essential, preferably business, numerical or fashion related
- Work experience - ideally within fashion retail or office environment
Key Skills and Attributes
- Numerate and Analytical
- Attentive and keen to learn
- Time Management
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Communication and presentation
- Self motivated
- Good team player
- Resilience to repetitive tasks
- Confident when dealing with External and Internal contacts
- Able to deputise for the department logistics analysts