A BIT ABOUT DOROTHY PERKINS
Established over 90 years ago, Dorothy Perkins is now one of the biggest fashion retailers in the country. We trade in over 400 stores in the UK and operate in over 30 international markets, in-store and online, and we have further growth planned in the next 6-12 months.
With over 100 years of heritage we are synonymous with providing ‘Lovely Affordable Fashion’ for the 25-35 year old woman. The Dorothy Perkins customer loves fashion and takes a close interest in the new trends, with quality, fit and price also being key.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Assistant Buyer to join our brand, Dorothy Perkins. This is a fast paced and competitive role and we are looking for applications from existing Assistant Buyers.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Support the Buyer and contribute to decisions on the product range.
- When required, present garments to senior management and follow up on afterwards action points for the team/department.
- Looks further ahead than immediate problems to focus on ideas and solutions that may be of longer-term benefit to profitability.
- Delegates responsibility to BAA and develops their skills. Provides a wider more strategic understanding of the business, the customer and the department.
- Keep team informed and up to date on key issues.
- Works closely with Assistant Merchandiser to review department performance and develop areas for improvement.
- Builds effective working relationships both internally (Design, Technical Services, HO based retail function) and externally (Suppliers).
- Anticipates and resolves problems with deliveries continuing to build stable long term relationships with suppliers.
- Experience within a retail / manufacturer environment
- Be commercially aware with a solid understanding of the high street
- Conversant with fabric testing as well as fitting and sealing
- Can demonstrate initiative, problem solving and negotiation skills and have ability to build and develop effective relationships
- Capability to work in a fast paced, high pressured environment
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to converse with a variety of people
THE EXCITING PART
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.