About the team
You will be working in the Digital IT - Software Engineering function whose goal is to create amazing experiences that delight our customers. We aim to be a catalyst for business transformation and make Arcadia as well known for how it uses technology as its brands are known for their fashion.
The department is undergoing extensive change. You will help change how software is built by implementing modern software engineering principals and help create a new culture of delivery excellence and innovation. We want you to actively participate in industry events and meetup’s.
About the role
You will be building the next generation web based mobile/desktop & tablet websites for our brands. You will have an excellent background in manual testing and QA processes with a strong ethic for ensuring and delivering quality.
We require somebody that thinks like a software engineer and has a passion for testing complex systems, test automation, test driven development and business driven development.
• Heavily contribute to the code base and take ownership of the manual testing activities.
• You enjoy working in an agile, cross functional team taking responsibility for the team deliverables and quality.
• Excellent experience and understanding of API test tools and process.
• Work closely with the development team to analyse, understand and influence unit test and integration coverage.
• You enjoy working with talented engineers and can influence system design for reliability, performance and testability
• You enjoy people interaction and can collaborate with the engineering organization
• You are comfortable in fast paced, agile and informal environment
• You are curious about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt
• Promote good software engineering practices (e.g. CI/CD, TDD, BDD, performance in design, self-healing solutions).
• You are highly creative, enthusiastic, conscientious, detail oriented self-starter
• You respond rather than react.
• You have knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure)