About The Brand
In October 2014 Beyoncé and Arcadia announced a new partnership – an athleisure brand named IVY PARK which launched in April 2016. The joint venture is equally owned by Topshop and Parkwood Athletic with Sir Philip Green and Beyoncé both assuming roles of Founders. The partnership, not collaboration, is designed and managed by a newly created standalone team based in London. Ivy Park is set to establish itself as a global market leader in Athleisure, clothes which are appropriate for both athletic and leisure activity in the fastest growing sector in the womenswear market today.
The brand is already distributed into over 50 different countries across North America, Europe, Middle East and Australia. The scope of the brand within the market enables it to access consumers across a number of different channels from Premium Independents, Department Stores, Sporting Goods, Apparel Specialty and Pure Play. The ambition of the Brand is to become a market leader in its sector, engaging a core consumer set between 18-35 years to make women look and feel at the top of their game – whatever they’re doing and wherever they are.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Womenswear Designer to join IVY PARK’s in-house Design team. We are looking for candidates who are creative and fashion forward with a focus on fabrics/construction.
A role at IVY PARK promises a fast paced, challenging, innovative working environment. The key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a fantastic move for the right person!
You will be working closely with the Senior Designer to ensure we are first in identifying emerging trends, and translating these into fashion stories our customers will love and believe in.
Day to Day
- Analysing and taking an active role in researching key trends, colour, fabric, moods within the current fashion market
- Gathering internal and external information to drive product and range development for the target customer
- Putting together Tech Packs for suppliers
- Working with the Design Team to evolve the range to ensure it continues to meet the needs of the customer
- Working closely supporting the senior designer
- Completely understanding and working to help deliver the company Brand/customer strategy
- Establish a close relationship with key partners and with the Product Developer and Technical team to ensure these suppliers have the relevant information
- Fashion background with a fashion forward mind set/strong design eye
- Proven experience in a similar role or have been working as an intern
- Experience Designing Casual/Contemporary pieces – Knowledge of fabrics/construction and suppliers
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Supplier and factory experience
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Self-focused and motivated
- Open and can do attitude and happy to work independently
- Team player, who related well to others
- Willing to take responsibility for decisions
- Strong CAD skills – illustrator & photoshop
- Ability to set priorities and achieve deadlines
- Ability to understand and deliver a brief in a concise manner
The Exciting Part
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.