A BIT ABOUT
Operating at the heart of our business, Shared Services offer efficiencies to all of our Brands by providing centralised resources and competitive synergies for the Group. The Shared Services teams work across all Brands and are responsible for a huge range of activities from delivering product to over 30 countries worldwide, to achieving award winning store designs and handling 100,000 Customer Care calls each year. Within Shared Services there are over 1,000 employees working across 16 distinctive departments including IT, Finance, HR, Logistics, PR, Property, Digital and Purchasing.
Reporting to the Estates manager the role is to take responsibility for driving the large volume of transactions through the team within a geographical region (C800 properties) and for the day to day running of the estate whilst also supporting the Estates Manager in a strategic role.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Driving the delivery of a commercially optimized lease expiry program.
- Day to day management of estates surveyors and graduate surveyor. In conjunction with the Estates Manager overseeing their work, driving performance and assisting with development.
- In conjunction with the Estates Manager contribute to the development and implementation of an estates property strategy, working collaboratively with other internal teams including property finance, disposals and acquisitions.
- Collate relevant information and materials for the preparation of board papers. Presenting opportunities to the Group Estates Manager on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for the efficient running of the estate:
- Negotiating and overseeing rent reviews
- Managing dilapidations claims aggressively
- Overseeing management issues and providing advice to maintenance / brand teams
- Overseeing the store closure process
- Overseeing Legal consents/Licences.
- Undertake some lease re gears / relocations / mods & conversions, engaging with the wider store development and brand teams and owning these projects to delivery.
- Develop productive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders; leading discussions in smaller brand reviews and regular leveraged negotiations with mid-sized landlords.
- MRICS with proven experience
- Retail background preferred with good knowledge of the retail market
- Good commercial awareness
- Able to build strong relationships with the wider property team and business.
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure.
- Able to manage and developer junior team members.
- Full UK driving licence required
THE EXCITING PART
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.