In October 2014 Beyoncé and Sir Philip Green announced a new partnership – an athleisure brand names IVY PARK launching in Spring 2016. The joint venture is equally owned by Topshop and Parkwood Athletic with Sir Philip and Beyoncé both assuming roles of Founders. The partnership, not collaboration, is designed and managed by a newly created standalone team based in London. Ivy Park will look to establish itself as a global market leader in Athleisure, clothes which are appropriate for both athletic and leisure activity in the fastest growing sector in the womenswear market today.
The brand is already distributed into over 50 different countries across North America, Europe, Middle East and Australia. The scope of the brand within the market enables it to access consumers across a number of different channels from Premium Independents, Department Stores, Sporting Goods, Apparel Specialty and Pure Play. The ambition of the Brand is to become a market leader in its sector, engaging a core consumer set between 18-35 years to make women look and feel at the top of their game – whatever they’re doing and wherever they are.
As a Senior Technical Product Developer at Ivy Park you will provide crucial support to the Technical Product Developer team to ensure the development and delivery of innovative product ranges, drive profit and influence the Brand's product strategy. You will support the Technical Product Development Team as they work closely with the In-house Design, Product, Operations, Marketing and Sales teams to ensure we create and deliver the most desirable range that will excite our customers, while developing the skills and insight required to become a future Technical Product Developer at Ivy Park.
• Create and maintain departments CP from proto to seal
• Implement decisions for sourcing based on volume, technique, fabrication, cost, speed to market
• Negotiating and confirming cost prices with vendors
• Communicating margins with Senior Management
• Execute the Design Brief from concept to proto sample approval
• Accountable for fit approval from proto sample to fit sign off
• Management of department critical path to ensure deadline from concept to product sign off are achievable, agreed coherent with business requirement.
• Support proto sign off meetings
• Responsible for handover of collection to sales team
• Generate and maintain tech packs
• Review product and materials prior to product development process
• Participate in proto reviews across functions
• Management and execution of proto and fits approval
• Responsible for the set up tech pack and bill of materials to vendors
• Manage the procedure and activities for material testing
• Raise action potential risk for quality and compliance
• Vendor managements : capacity planning and booking of greige
• Vendor visits and inspections
• Assist with implement and management of compliance and Quality assurance to business requirements
• Manage the implementation of Testing and labelling
• Implement packaging rules to ensure product safety during transit
• Product knowledge information for sales pack.
• Frequent Comp shop, partner store visits and attendance of applicable trade shows
• Management of fit model – sizing
• Responsible for product risk assessment and wearer trials
Skills and experience required
• Thorough knowledge of developing product for fit, quality and performance
• Experience to successfully identity and implement strategy
• Thorough knowledge of product construction, pattern cutting techniques and the fitting process
• Good knowledge of fabric and product testing standards and care labelling
• Good knowledge and understanding of ethical sourcing
• Good knowledge product construction systems
• A strong eye for emerging trends with passion for product, brand and fashion
• Passionate and driven to succeed in a fast paced and demanding environment
• Proactively sources new ideas and inspiration (be it from catwalk trends, street style, popular culture, media, etc.)
• A clear and confident communicator who is able to interact with all levels in the business and suppliers
• Good planning and organisational skills, able to change plan in line with business needs
• Ability to think strategically, work flexibly and drive change
• Proactive and capable of prioritising tasks and time management
• Must be motivated by the job with a sense of energy, enthusiasm, drive and a ‘can do attitude
• A good understanding of whole sale / fashion retail process.
• Ability to build strong relationships
• Preferably has a technical fashion -related qualification or similar experience