Be part of the team…
Wallis is fast paced, aspirational, exciting and fun and our culture reflects this. With passion and enthusiasm for our jobs, our product and our Brand, we are very proud of the role we all play in making Wallis so successful.
Our people show innovation, take ownership, challenge the norm and play an active part in driving our business forward.
About the role
Working in a fast paced and innovative environment, you will be responsible for overseeing one of our industry-leading Buying teams to develop and deliver innovative product ranges, drive profit and influence the brand's product strategy.
What you’ll be doing…
- Confirming all order details with suppliers, ensure the process is complete, accurate and on the system
- Check accuracy of Purchase OrdersEnsure that samples are correct and ready for approval on the system
- Oversee amendment of any order and ensure approval and re-authorisation occur
- Use department critical path to ensure each key date in the supply process is met by the department/technologist/supplier and DC.
- Maintain critical path
- Managing and developing BAA on your department - agree role responsibility including work plans and weekly agenda
- Ensure garment is fitted and sealed in line with critical path.Be fully aware of delivery of goods to the DC
- Communicate changes to delivery arrangements (i.e. order statistics) to the whole team.
- Identify problems over deliveries by liaising with suppliers and team.
- Maintain quality control, work with Technologist to ensure the supplier adheres to all Wallis policies and procedures.
- Match sample to design specification, work closely with Technologist and Designer, report any inaccuracies to the Buyer and send any amendments to the supplier.
- Ensure garments meet all legal requirements, work closely with Technologist to check that labelling, washing instructions and ticketing are in line with the ‘Product Presentation Handbook’.
- Ensure fit comments are accurately, communicated to the supplier.
- Fit and check Production samples with the Technologist, ensure presentation, labelling and ticketing are correct.
- Ensure test reports are received in line with the critical path, and that they are commercially acceptable for the brand.
- Work with the Technologist on any quality and delivery issues.
- Agree actions to be taken after discussions with Technologist, Buying Department and Supplier.
- Obtain costings from suppliers, cross costing where necessary, short-listing a potential supplier base in line with supplier strategy.
- Negotiate to maximise margin and profit whilst maintaining flexibility, quality and supplier relationships.
- Branch Visits, Prepare for visit and identify issues to raise, assess branch during visit and discuss with Buyer and team. Propose actions following visit.
- Experience in buying for a high street retailer/department store
- Experience in working with both long and short lead time product and supply base
- Experienced in working in a fast paced buying environment.
- Ability to challenge, influence & persuade.
- Entrepreneurial and very creative
- Continuously coming up with new ideas to develop the range
- A strong negotiator and natural leader
- Must have a strong background working with prints and print mills and work creatively with supply base to constantly produce new ideas for print