A BIT ABOUT
Operating at the heart of our business, Shared Services offer efficiencies to all of our Brands by providing centralised resources and competitive synergies for the Group. The Shared Services teams work across all Brands and are responsible for a huge range of activities from delivering product to over 30 countries worldwide, to achieving award winning store designs and handling 100,000 Customer Care calls each year. Within Shared Services there are over 1,000 employees working across 16 distinctive departments including IT, Finance, HR, Logistics, PR, Property, Digital and Purchasing.
The Digital Platform Lead is a principal operational role, providing technical leadership and strategy for the ongoing delivery of all systems in support of the Arcadia Digital Enterprise. This role requires broad knowledge of customer facing transactional web systems and integration, ensuring the delivery of the customer experience from the client device all the way to web back end database statement execution and downstream back office messaging.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
The Digital Platform Lead is a senior position within the Digital IT Team responsible for operational delivery of Arcadia’s Digital systems to our customers. As such no two days or projects will ever be the same, but your key responsibilities will include:
• Taking overall operational delivery of all Digital Platforms; the Digital Platform Lead oversees and orchestrates internal and external resources responsible for platform, network, infrastructure, security and performance by ensuring that the alignment of these resources and their strategies fit with the overall vision for the platform.
• Working with Engineering, Architecture and the Operations Teams to provide an in-depth evaluation of both evolving and mature technologies to help shape the Digital IT roadmap and facilitate the delivery of the business strategy.
• Leading the performance engineering practice for the Digital Platform for both capacity and front end performance; the Digital Platform Lead is responsible for ensuring that the system performs successfully throughout peak periods and can cope with the demand placed upon it during key trading events
• Cloud adoption and expansion is key to the digital technology strategy and the continued delivery of the systems in line with this strategy is fundamentally important. The technical lead is responsible for helping ensure we keep delivering on that strategy, helping define our cloud approach and selecting vendors and technologies as appropriate
You will most likely have begun your career in a “hands on” role before moving into a more strategic/operation position. Adept at operating at a senior level within the business, as a person you will have:
• Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with all colleagues, from senior level stakeholders through to junior engineers
• An analytical mind–set which can ensure an evidence/data based approach to technology is employed at every decision
• Strong level of commercial understanding and the ability to balance flexibility and fluctuating costs
• Strong drive and level of resilience
• The ability to cultural shifts and change within the organisation
From a technical perspective, to be a successful Digital platform Lead you will have had exposure to:
• Building and maintaining complex web platforms
• Transactional customer facing web platform, ideally across the full stack – http Layer, Application and DB
• Cloud technologies – AWS/Azure/Blue Mix
• CDN technologies – Akamai, Cloud front
• Web infrastructure – WAF, SSL, Load balancing, http, Java middleware
• Network infrastructure – Firewalls, DNS, Routing, VPN, MPLS
• Performance engineering – Load testing, APM, data analysis
• Integration experience with both external bought to configure and built in house custom software stacks
• Operational and capital expenditure budgeting
Bonus points for exposure to any of the following:
• Agile Engineering Exposure
• Cyber Security Expertise, PCI Compliance Experience
• Large Organisation Digital Transformation
• DevOps, Continuous Integration
• IBM WebSphere or similar platform
THE EXCITING PART
• Generous holiday with holiday trading
• 25% staff discount
• Early finish summer hours
• Access to sample sales
• Regular team and company social events
• Pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Interest free season ticket loan
If you believe you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role, please click ‘Apply’ below to attach and send your CV in the email window.
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.