Want to get stuck into work, straight out of school? Our two year Head Office Merchandising Apprenticeship programme offers a degree-free, direct route into a Merchandising career. We have teamed up with the Fashion Retail Academy to support you on your journey.
Merchandisers put their analytical skills into practice to decide what should be sold where and the quantity of stock that is required. As an apprentice, you’ll play a vital role on the team, while launching your career.
THE BUZZ OF DISCOVERY
So what is it? Well, it’s a real job, putting you to work on live business (we’ll match you to a brand that’s a good fit). You'll be working with friendly, passionate people. A graduate buddy will show you the ropes, plus you'll learn from more experienced colleagues, and hang out with 11 other apprentices in the same boat!
Day to day you will be:
• Analysing data through excel and sales reports
• Pinpointing the data trends that drive sales
• Helping to allocate stock
• Monitoring and reviewing sales and stock levels
• Providing general administration support to the team
• Starting early on a Monday morning to prep for those all-important trade meetings
Training will take place at least one day each month at the Fashion Retail Academy. You'll be working towards a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship qualification in Business Administration, accredited by Gateway Qualifications. Then, when qualified you should be all set up to take a Merchandise Admin Assistant role.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You're super-curious about pretty much everything. It should go without saying that you’re happy with numbers, great with detail, and have a good, intuitive feel for the commercial world. You’re excited about fashion, keen to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment, with the resilience and drive to back it up when the going gets tough.
To qualify, you’ll need to have achieved – or been predicted to achieve – 96 UCAS tariff points, including two A Levels or an equivalent qualification. You’ll also need to have GCSEs in Maths (grade B or better) and English (grade C or better).
We’ll expect you to live in or around London, to ensure the commute to our office – right in the heart of town – is viable day in, day out. Remember to check the travel costs, too.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
• Regular offsite training at the Fashion Retail Academy (FRA)
• A Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship qualification in Business Administration, accredited by Gateway
• 22 days holiday
• 25% staff discount across all of our brands
• Early finish Friday's summer hours
• A chance to experience our sample sales
• Regular team and company social events
• Eligibility for a student NUS card
Apply before the 15th of January and have the chance to be invited to find out more at an Apprenticeship Insight Day held at Arcadia HQ.
This role will be closing for applications on Friday the 16th of February, the start date for this role will be in September 2018.