A BIT ABOUT
Operating at the heart of our business, Shared Services offer efficiencies to all of our Brands by providing centralised resources and competitive synergies for the Group. The Shared Services teams work across all Brands and are responsible for a huge range of activities from delivering product to over 30 countries worldwide, to achieving award winning store designs and handling 100,000 Customer Care calls each year. Within Shared Services there are over 1,000 employees working across 16 distinctive departments including IT, Finance, HR, Logistics, PR, Property, Digital and Purchasing.
As part of the wider Shared Services team, you will be part of a team of Business Analysts defining and maintaining retail specific business processes and functions. You will be responsible for delivering a consistent, clear and detailed set of business requirements for technology projects and programmes, analysing key processes and producing clear, accurate, agreed documentation.
You will develop plans and proposals for the steps to be taken (including technology selection/ development) to realise the business requirements and at the same time develop, support and improve existing standards for Business Analysis processes and deliverables.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
Specific deliverables will vary depending on the projects and programmes you are involved with, but of course as an experienced Business Analyst it is this variation you enjoy and relish. At different times you will be expected to:
• Elicit, validate and document requirements, both functional and non-functional, to the required standard using appropriate documentation and modelling techniques
• Model processes and activities to required standard using appropriate modelling techniques
• Deliver the required documentation during each stage of the project, ensuring sign off is received from all required stakeholders
• Manage requirements ensuring that there is traceability through the project lifecycle from initiation to final delivery
• Lead the definition, evaluation and agreement of the business solution options (collaborating with key stakeholders across the business and technology teams) ensuring they are consistent with the overall business strategy. This may include the evaluation of 3rd party solutions
• Support the definition of the project scope and objectives
• Support the Project Manager in identifying project risks, impacts and mitigating actions
• Support the IT QA/Test activities by ensuring acceptance criteria are well documented and have the appropriate level of coverage
• Provide support to the business in defining and planning UAT
• Support the training of implemented changes
• Collaborate with the Project Manager and Business stakeholders to plan post implementation assessments, benefits tracking and realisation. This includes supporting the business during warranty and ensuring that any defects or enhancement requests are well defined and prioritised appropriately
• Work with the Project Manager and business stakeholders to identify and define the business problem and business case
• Lead a team of Analysts on large complex projects ensuring that artefacts are delivered to the required standard and to planned delivery date
• Keep abreast of current practices and developments in Business Analysis processes and methods, and makes recommendations for incorporation of best practice within Arcadia
• Actively participate in the Arcadia Business Analysis Community. Contributing to the Arcadia Business Analysis processes/methods, and establishing a community of excellence by coaching and mentoring members of the BA community
• Where required will line manage a team of Business Analysts
A successful Senior business Analyst at the Arcadia Group should have:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a business analysis role, ideally with comprehensive retail experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of directors, managers, and subject matter experts
• Proven experience of working across the full project lifecycle (from initiation through to benefits realization) within both structured and agile project framework
• Able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to truly understand the underlying needs of the business.
• Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer / business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Experience of delivering requirement artefacts according to defined standards including user stories, using business language, ensuring requirements are robust, unambiguous and testable
• Has a customer focused approach ensuring that changes delivered provide value to the business
THE EXCITING PART
• Generous holiday with holiday trading
• 25% staff discount
• Early finish summer hours
• Access to sample sales
• Regular team and company social events
• Pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Interest free season ticket loan
If you believe you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role, please click ‘Apply’ below to attach and send your CV in the email window.
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.