Who we are:
As our founder Montague Burton once said: “Good clothes develop a man's self-respect”. And through hard work, dedication and a focus on innovation, Burton Menswear strives to deliver quality in every aspect of our business.
Montague Burton opened our first store in 1904 and his cool head, warm hearted approach is key to our success. Handsome, uncomplicated, considered and friendly we are a man-thinking brand who put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Burton Menswear is for the every man: our clothes come in sizes XS to XXL with dedicated Big & Tall and Muscle Fit ranges as well as specialist occasion collections such as 1904 and FōR.
We already know a thing or two about dressing men but that doesn’t stop us looking for new ways to drive the business forwards. Burton Menswear is full of passionate people who like to work hard and love what they do and we are always on the lookout for talented people, who want to make a difference.
As well as our Retail and Digital channels, our International presence continues to grow with our Wholesale and Franchise partnerships - If you want to be part of our dynamic, global business.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join our Burton store in Bluewater (6 months fixed term contract).
Day to Day:
To provide support to the Branch Manager in order to manage and deliver KPI performance for the store
To take responsibility for commercial and operational decisions in the absence of the Branch Manager
Provide leadership to the team and motivate them to drive and deliver results.
- Previous experience of leading a team and driving sales in a retail environment
- Confident and clear communicator
- Motivational leadership style
- Ability to demonstrate resilience and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced retail environment
- Commitment, drive and self-motivation to achieve challenging goals
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work, and the ability to manage changing priorities
- Team player
- Logical and practical approach to problem-solving
- Open and honest
The exciting Part
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, excellent Company benefits, along with exceptional training, development and career progression