A Bit About
OUTFIT, a successful part of Arcadia Group Limited, is a chain of out-of-town retail stores offering a wide selection of the best high-street fashion brands and latest trends all under one roof.
Over the last 5 years our business has been expanding and has gone from strength to strength with a massive growth rate of 50%, which makes Outfit an exciting place to work! It doesn’t stop there…OUTFIT has some of the largest stores in the Arcadia portfolio, in terms of space and turnover. Outfit’s aim is to give each of our customers a personal shopping experience that’s engaging and in an inspiring environment.
To drive Outfit’s own buy operation and provide wider support to the Trading/Product & Planning team.
What You'll Be Doing Day-to-Day
- Develop market gap analysis to identify product opportunities to feed into own buy strategy.
- Encourage a collaborative approach to reviewing existing and potential own buy opportunities with the wider Outfit team.
- Implement a structured approach to the management all own buy product including development of the department Critical Path to help deal with the multiple timelines and priorities that need managing at any one time. Set up and attend regular progress reviews with the Trading manager to ensure key deadlines are being met.
- Work with Trading Manager to design and produce weekly own-buy performance reports for team and Brands.
- Monitor department sales, both at line and store level to identify & recommend profit opportunities and minimise markdown. Work with markdown optimisation system then present recommendations for sign off and raise markdowns as required.
- Manage the supply base, negotiating to maximise margin and profit while maintaining supplier relationships and flexibility and ensuring all deadlines are agreed and adhered to.
- Confirm all order details with suppliers. Raise and amend purchase orders as appropriate on the AG12 system. Issue delivery authority (MDAs) to suppliers.
- Manage department buy plans and the resulting inbound/outbound stock forecasts for logistics/the DC.
- Liaise with the Distribution Centre to resolve any delivery and QC issues.
- Allocate stock at both initial allocation & replenishment stage.
- Attend meetings with suppliers, Arcadia group brands and concession partners.
- Complete as required any administrative tasks related to the Buying and Merchandising of Outfit Own Buy product.
- Design and develop analytical tools to assess comparative department performance across all brands on KPIs including sales, stocks, markdown and margin rate. Use this work to carry out regular reviews with the Product and Planning manager to curate the overall offer in Outfit in line with the overall brand strategy.
- Assist the Space and Planning Manager to optimise sustainable sales and margin growth in new and existing stores through effective space allocation and layout planning.
- Communicate new plan layouts for brand intros/exits to all key stakeholders to achieve timely launches.
- Work with the Brand and Concession Manager and Intra-group Brands to ensure optimum stock density across the estate by effectively influencing product grades/ tiers.
- Collating ad-hoc information from and to stores
- Dealing with branch queries
- Producing weekly content for the Newsletter
- Be fully aware of all aspects of the retail market demonstrating a thorough knowledge of competitor activity.
- Carry out regular store visits with the Product & Planning and Trading Managers, following up on actions required afterwards.
- Contribute to the training and development of the Product & Planning Assistant.
- Extremely well organised and able to cope with multiple sets of priorities
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a commercial focus
- A proactive approach to work and the initiative to resolve issues that may arise
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Strong team working skills
- Good administrative skills – including PC skills (Word and Excel).
- Accurate with good attention to detail.
The Exciting Part
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.