A Bit About
Established over 90 years ago, Dorothy Perkins is now one of the biggest fashion retailers in the country. We trade in over 400 stores in the UK and operate in over 30 international markets, in-store and online, and we have further growth planned in the next 6-12 months.
With over 100 years of heritage we are synonymous with providing ‘Lovely Affordable Fashion’ for the 25-35 year old woman. The Dorothy Perkins customer loves fashion and takes a close interest in the new trends, with quality, fit and price also being key.
To assist the Brand Visual Merchandising department through completing general office duties, administration and communicating with people at all levels.
What You'll Be Doing Day to Day
- Supporting the head office team by using PWT (Print Workflow Tool) to manage graphic requests ensuring stock levels are tracked and presenting stockpile levels to Visual Operations Co-ordinator, ordering re-print jobs when necessary.
- Assisting Visual Operations Co-ordinator with inputting of PWT jobs (Windows, Model Store, Event, POS, StyleFile and any Adhoc), briefing into creative and print purchasing departments when required.
- Process new store opening packs and graphic requests, liaising with the field team, and being responsible for the stores receiving the requested items arrive within necessary timescales.
- Preparing weekly DP VM Update by requesting and compiling information from VM’s/artworker, producing graphic checklist and collating relevant store lists.
- Compiling store audits for equipment roll outs / Adhoc jobs, liaising closely with the field team and retail operations.
- Using JD Edwards system to raise supplier purchase orders and complete associated administration.
- Preparation of presentations including new store opening packs.
- Updating graphic library communication pack and windows planner.
- Visiting stores to retain awareness of the current environment and feedback potential opportunities and/or issues.
- Maintaining master records for store seasonal specials, organising site surveys and installations when necessary.
- Model Store administration such as hiring of facilities, processing invites and collating responses
- Organising meetings, diaries and communication including booking and confirming meeting rooms for the Brand Team
- Booking and confirming team travel including flights, hotels and car hire for the field and head office team
- Must have previous admin or office experience
- Relevant retail experience
- Enthusiastic and outgoing approach
- Strong interest in fashion and Visual Merchandising
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills with ability to liaise at all levels
- Good PC skills: Word, Excel PowerPoint and e-mail. InDesign and Photoshop (beneficial)
- Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work under pressure
- A team player yet able to work alone using initiative
- PWT experience (beneficial)
The Exciting Part
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.