A BIT ABOUT
‘A man thinking brand’. Established in 1903 by Montague Burton, Burton Menswear London is a staple on the British High Street. Burton’s aim is to be the most inspiring, best value fashion brand for their customer. Burton’s core customer is 25-35 in age and mind-set. He has an interest in fashion but wants it to be ‘easy’ – easy to wear, masculine and good quality, but a good price also. Using multiple channels to research and purchase, he seeks regular newness of product and outfit ideas. However; over 30% of Burton’s customers are women!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Merchandiser to join one of our brands, Burton. This is a fast paced and competitive role and we are looking for applications from existing Assistant Merchandisers.
Your main responsibilities in an Assistant Merchandising role will be assisting the Merchandiser in the Commercial Operation of your department by delivering a product offer that exceeds customer expectations and achieves sales and profit targets through effective supply chain management.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Support the Merchandiser on the day to day running of the department
- Contribute to establishing & delivering the strategy for the department through detailed analysis, identifying patterns and making commercial recommendations
- Under the guidance of the Merchandiser, set up and review line cards and re-forecast and re-phase intake accordingly in line with company stock targets
- Supporting the Merchandiser and Buyer for product sign offs to directors with thorough and detailed analysis
- Monitor department sales, both at line and store performance, to identify & recommend profit opportunities and to minimise markdown
- Manage both a landed and FOB supply base for stock delivery, the distribution and the supply chain of the product to maximise profit
- Manage and oversee the development the Merchandise Administration Assistant
- Liaise with Buying, Logistics, Branch merchandising, Ecommerce and Distribution functions to drive your department
- Undertake store visits and competitor shops & how this impacts your department
- Excellent communication skills and influencing skills
- Ability to take accountability and deputise in the Merchandisers absence
- Commercial aptitude and systems knowledge
- Coaching skills to develop others i.e. the MAA
- A proactive approach to work and the initiative to resolve issues that may arise
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Strong team working skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast paced environment
THE EXCITING PART
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- A special treat when you join us!
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.