A Bit About
Wallis is a fast paced, aspirational, exciting and fun and our culture reflects this. With passion and enthusiasm for our jobs, our product and our Brand, we are very proud of the role we all play in making Wallis so successful.
Our people show innovation, take ownership, challenge the norm and play an active part in driving our business forward.
As a Buyer, reporting directly to the Buying Director, you will be working to ensure we are first in identifying emerging trends, and translating these into fashion stories our customers will love and believe in. You will work closely with the Design teams and our Suppliers to ensure we source, develop and deliver a diverse range that meets both customer needs and company target margins.
What You'll Be Doing Day to Day
- Working closely with design, suppliers and our in-house pattern room to deliver new seasons trends in a way that is accessible for the Wallis customer
- Keeping abreast of current trends and have a strong understanding of the brand DNA
- Be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with external third parties/suppliers.
- Working closely with the Merchandiser you will balance trading and planning to create timely and exciting ranges for our stores
- Effectively manage the critical path across multiple lead times
- Fabric sourcing directly with mills as well as through suppliers
- Attend trade shows, buying trips and competitor shopping trips
- Have a strong sourcing strategy to deliver margin targets in a tough trading environment
- Be able to analyse the business and react in a timely manner.
- Train, lead and develop your team
- Currently be working at Senior Buyer level for a fast paced fashion retailer
- Have proven success of buying your own area across multiple lead times
- You will be passionate about product and have a keen eye for quality and detail
- An experienced influencer able to present to all levels of management
- Be able to demonstrate pro-activity in sourcing new ideas and inspiration.
- Possess excellent commercial awareness and ability to drive profit.
- Ability to think strategically over short and longer term objectives
- Extremely resilient and dynamic with a positive attitude, you will lead your team by example and inspire others
The Exciting Part
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.