A role at TOPSHOP promises a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. The key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a really fantastic opportunity for the right person!
As a Senior Buyer at TOPSHOP you will be working to ensure we are first in identifying emerging trends, and translating these into fashion stories our customers will love and believe in. You will work closely with the Design teams and our Suppliers to ensure we capture the season’s must-have pieces to excite and delight the customer
Day to Day
- You will have a strong focus on anticipating and meeting the needs of the TOPSHOP customer, creating a balanced, innovative range, looking at price point, quality and standards.
- Responsible for implementing the climate specific product strategies and financial plans for a specific product category.
- Be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with external third parties/suppliers.
- Develop a sourcing and supplier strategy including negotiating price, delivery and terms to support the business objectives.
- Attend trade shows, buying trips and competitor shopping trips.
- Working closely with Design to capture and develop the latest trends, and with Technologists to ensure that fabric and fit satisfies our high quality standards.
- Creative eye is imperative as is the ability to strongly interpret trends into designs/products for the TOPSHOP customer at a global level including trend insights from territories as input for products and ranges
- Utilise the global line detail to develop, build and source a global product range by climate for all markets that delivers commercial targets and aligns with the customer base
- Be able to analyse the business and react in a timely manner, identifying opportunities for improvement, beyond general trading, to contribute to the department strategy
- Working closely with the territory teams to understand market needs and products, acting on feedback based on recommendations and communicating relevant actions
- You will take the lead for your department in product review meetings and you will attend trade meetings to identify product opportunities