Responsible for the look and feel of the Burton website, ensuring style consistency and accuracy, whilst working with the Lead Digital Designer & Junior Digital Designer to successfully communicate the brand image and provide an easy and exciting shopping experience.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Maintain the look and feel of the website to ensure consistency, accuracy and cohesion throughout the whole site and on our international currency sites, including the following:
Homepages, working with templates to produce a fresh look, selecting fonts etc.
Affiliate banners - static and animated
Promotional graphics, including the design, production and implementation
- Assist in design of the weekly newsletters and other in-house emails.
- Support the Digital Design team to develop the house style and site aesthetic, moving it forward to remain current and in line with competition.
- Effectively delegate artworking tasks e.g. slicing homepages, emails, banners and features, to Junior Digital Designer, using concise briefs and providing timescales for completion, working as a team to meet deadlines.
- Input into new creative features for burton.co.uk.
- Translate offline marketing events and campaigns e.g. look events, card holder events, to burton.co.uk and ensure that messages are consistent with in-store activity.
- Develop a good working understanding of the in-house Content Management System (CMS) for daily use e.g. uploading homepage images.
- Build strong working relationships with the Creative Design team to translate in-store graphics and designs onto burton.co.uk.
- Liaise with Junior Digital Designer regularly on daily/weekly priorities and update Lead Digital Designer on progress or issues.
- Previous web design experience is essential.
- A good understanding of marketing and commercial design.
- A good degree of commerciality.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate across all levels, building strong working relationships.
- Ability to perform under pressure and operate in a fast paced environment, maintaining the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexible approach and drive to use own initiative.
- Motivated, committed and driven and a desire to learn from others.
- Strong team player and ability to work well independently.
THE EXCITING PART
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.