As a leading global multichannel retailer, we are constantly striving to drive our business forward and be at the cutting edge of fashion, technology and talent. With International expansion and constant UK growth, we are evolving at a phenomenal rate. Therefore, we are on the lookout for driven and entrepreneurial people to join our ever expanding and extremely exciting business.
The department is undergoing extensive change. You will help us create a new culture of delivery excellence and innovation. We are in the middle of a large transformation programme that is looking at every aspect of how we deliver world class technology experiences. We are adopting Agile and DevOps as core principals which together with creating our own in-house built front end platform using the latest modern web frameworks and techniques is allowing our brands to truly engage with our customers through digital.
You will be helping our engineering teams deliver amazing experiences for our brands that must be highly scalable, available, reliable, secure, and performant. The key parts are as follows:
• Own and operate our production AWS infrastructure, ensuring that we are always one step ahead of any potential problems via exploiting real-time telemetry.
• Own and operate the delivery pipeline, ensuring we are always pushing forward with our CI/CD transformation.
• Assist the software engineers and software engineers in test with automating their eco-system.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• This is a very hands on coding/configuration role (infrastructure as code)
• Help improve standards, build and deploy processes and contribute to a healthy SDLC.
• Identify and advocate improvements in the codebase that supports CI/CD and DevOps principals.
• Promote good software engineering practices (e.g. performance in design & self-healing solutions).
• Monitor and improve our operational KPI’s
• Ensure performance and security measures are in-built into every line of code.
• Work in an agile, cross functional team taking responsibility for the team deliverables and quality.
• Maintain a keen eye on new technologies/innovation in the industry and leverage these to benefit the organization.
• Attend technology meet-ups and relay findings to the wider team.
• Good commercial experience of AWS (including: VPC, terraform, Lambda, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, ElasticCache, Route53, SNS, DynamoDB), Redis, Docker, NewRelic, Akamai
• Good experience of continuous integration/delivery, code management, code workflow, security and performance scanning tools
• Advanced proficiency in shell scripting
• Highly creative, enthusiastic, conscientious, detail oriented self-starter
• You respond rather than react.
• Keep up to date on in the industry, continuously improve on and blog about areas of technology interest.
• Experience of a broad and diverse range of technologies such as NodeJS, ReactJS, Azure.